This is a great summer dish, that I can not serve enough of to my family. Onions, peppers and zucchinis are all vegies that can be homegrown, even if you have a small garden.
Recepies: Chicken Primavera
- 4 marinated chicken breast
- Lemon juice
- Soy sauce
- 1 red onion, cut in half and cut in half again
- 1 red pepper, cut length wise
- 1 zucchini, cut in disks then cut in half
- Queso fresco (or any white cheese that melts easily)
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Marinade chicken, place chicken breasts in ziplock bag with 10 ml lemon juice, 10 ml soy sauce, salt & pepper, for 30 mins to 6 hours (no longer).
- Cut four slits in marinated chicken, fill slits with slices of zucchini, red pepper and red onion in each cut.
- Sprinkle with cheese of choice.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder & paprika to taste.
- Bake at 190 C for 35 mins.
Serve with rice or potatoes, and fresh lettuce.
Get Cooking with Gardenize!
Find more recepies of goodies you can cook, based on vegies from your garden.